Important!
This replacement procedure can be used for:
PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.6, PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.6 GTi View more

The steps may slightly vary depending on the car design.

This video shows the replacement procedure of a similar car part on another vehicle

All the parts you need to replace – Track Rod End for 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) and other PEUGEOT models
How to change Track rod end on Peugeot 208 Mk1 1.4 HDi – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Track rod end
How to change Rod Assembly on Peugeot 208 Mk1 1.4 HDi – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Rod Assembly
How to change Repair Kit, tie rod on Peugeot 208 Mk1 1.4 HDi – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Repair Kit, tie rod
How to change Mounting Kit, tie rod end on Peugeot 208 Mk1 1.4 HDi – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Mounting Kit, tie rod end
Tools
Replacement: track rod end – PEUGEOT 208. Tools you'll need:
Wire brush
WD-40 spray
Brake cleaner
Copper grease
Torque wrench
Drive socket # 16
Drive socket # 17
Combination spanner #24
Combination spanner #25
Wheel impact socket #17
Ratchet wrench
Tap wrench
Vernier caliper
Ball joint puller
Wheel chock
Replacement: track rod end – PEUGEOT 208. AUTODOC recommends:
  • Replace tie rod ends in pairs.
  • The replacement procedure is identical for the right and left tie rod ends.
  • All work should be done with the engine stopped.
Replacement: track rod end – PEUGEOT 208. Take the following steps:
  1. Step 1
    Secure the wheels with chocks.
    Step 2
    How to change Track Rod End on Peugeot 208 Mk1 2012 - free PDF and video manuals
    Loosen the wheel mounting bolts. Use wheel impact socket #17.
  2. Step 3
    Raise the front of the car and secure on supports.
    Step 4
    How to replace PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.4 HDi 2013 Track Rod End - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Unscrew the wheel bolts.
    AUTODOC recommends:
    Important! Hold the wheel while unscrewing the fastening bolts. PEUGEOT 208
  3. Step 5
    Peugeot 208 Mk1 1.2 VTI 82 2014 Track Rod End replacement: free workshop manuals
    Remove the wheel.
  4. Step 6
    Changing Track Rod End on PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.6 BlueHDi 100 2015 by yourself
    Clean the fastener connecting the tie rod end to the steering knuckle. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  5. Step 7
    How to remove PEUGEOT 208 1.0 2016 Track Rod End - online easy-to-follow instructions
    When deinstalling, mark or measure the precise position of the ball joint on the track rod, or count the number of turns in order to prevent misalignment afterward. Use a vernier caliper.
  6. Step 8
    How to replace Track Rod End on PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 2017: download PDF manuals and video instructions
    Loosen the lock nut securing the tie rod end to the tie rod. Use a combination spanner #24 (2 pieces).
  7. Step 9
    How hard is it to do yourself: Track Rod End replacement on Peugeot 208 Mk1 1.4 VTi 2018 - download illustrated guide
    Unscrew the end fastening nut to the steering knuckle. Use a drive socket #16. Use a tap wrench.
  8. Step 10
    Need to know how to renew Track Rod End on PEUGEOT 208 2019? This free workshop manual will help you to do it yourself
    Disconnect the tie rod end from the steering knuckle. Use a ball joint puller.
  9. Step 11
    Changing of Track Rod End on Peugeot 208 Mk1 2020 won't be an issue if you follow this illustrated step-by-step guide
    Screw the end out of the tie rod.
  10. Step 12
    PEUGEOT 208 1.6 Track Rod End replacement: online guides and video tutorials
    Clean the mounting seats of the tie rod end. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  11. Step 13
    Replacing Track Rod End on Peugeot 208 Mk1 2022 1.4 HDi by yourself
    Screw on a new tie rod end.
    Replacement: track rod end – PEUGEOT 208. Tip from AUTODOC experts:
    While installing the steering rod end remember to make the same number of turns or to leave the same length of thread showing as per your measurements.
  12. Step 14
    208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.0 2023 Track Rod End DIY replacement workshop manual
    Connect the tie rod end to the steering knuckle.
Was this manual helpful?
Please rate this manual on a scale from 1 to 5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us.
Users voted – 0
Your profile is your personal assistant.

It can track car expenses, keep a car log and replacement schedule, and save favourite materials, notes and documents

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!
Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.
PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) Track Rod End replace by yourself - Scan QR-code and download AUTODOC CLUB app
Scan

To download the app:

• - scan the QR code
  • - download from App Store
  • - download from Google Play
DIY PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) Track Rod End replacement - online guide
Tips & tricks for your PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_)
View more
  • How to change Tie rod end on PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.6 HDi - replacement tricks
    Top 5 mistakes when working in the engine bay | AUTODOC tips
  • Changing Outer tie rod Peugeot 208 Mk1 1.4 HDi - Replacement Tips
    What to do if the belt squeals | AUTODOC tips
  • Maintenance Hacks - PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.2 VTI 82 Track rod end ball joint replacement guide
    Top 6 products for enhancing your car | AUTODOC tips
  • Replace Outer tie rod end on Peugeot 208 Mk1 - free video tips
    How to restore wheel rims | AUTODOC tips