When to replace the Brake Pads on your HONDA CR-V
Recommended replacement interval for the part category Brake Pads : 30000 km
AUTODOC recommends
  • Perform the replacement of brake pads in complete set for each axis. This provides effective braking.
Carry out replacement in the following order:
  1. Step 1
    Place wedge blocks under the front wheels.
    Step 2
    How to change Brake Pads on Honda CR-V Mk3 2006 - free PDF and video manuals
    Loosen the wheel mounting bolts.
  2. Step 3
    Raise the rear of the car and secure on supports.
    Step 4
    How to replace HONDA CR-V III (RE) 2.2 i-CTDi 4WD (RE6) 2007 Brake Pads - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Remove the rear wheels.
  3. Step 5.1
    Honda CR-V Mk3 2.0 i-VTEC 4WD (RE5, RE2) 2008 Brake Pads replacement: free workshop manuals
    Unscrew the brake caliper fastening
    Step 5.2
    Changing Brake Pads on HONDA CR-V III (RE) 2.0 i-VTEC (RE5, RE1) 2009 by yourself
  4. Step 6
    How to remove HONDA CR-V 2.4 i-VTEC 4WD (RE7) 2010 Brake Pads - online easy-to-follow instructions
    Remove the brake caliper.
    AutoDoc recommends:
    Tie the caliper to the suspension or to the body with a wire without disconnecting from the brake hose to prevent depressurization of the brake system.Do not press the brake pedal after removing the brake pads. This will lead to the piston drop out of the brake cylinder, brake fluid leakage and the system depressurization.
  5. Step 7.1
    How to replace Brake Pads on HONDA CR-V III (RE) 2011: download PDF manuals and video instructions
    Remove the brake pads.
    Step 7.2
    How hard is it to do yourself: Brake Pads replacement on Honda CR-V Mk3 2.4 i-Vtec 4WD (RE4) 2012 - download illustrated guide
    AutoDoc recommends:
    Measure the brake disc thickness. Upon reaching the wear limit the part must be replaced.
Was this manual helpful?
Please rate this manual on a scale from 1 to 5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us.
Users voted – 1
Your profile is your personal assistant.

It can track car expenses, keep a car log and replacement schedule, and save favourite materials, notes and documents

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!
Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.
HONDA CR-V III (RE) Brake Pads replace by yourself - Scan QR-code and download AUTODOC CLUB app
Scan

To download the app:

• - scan the QR code
  • - download from App Store
  • - download from Google Play
DIY HONDA CR-V III (RE) Brake Pads replacement - online guide
Tips & tricks for your HONDA CR-V III (RE)
View more
  • How to change Brake pad set on HONDA CR-V III (RE) 2.2 i-DTEC 4WD (RE6) - replacement tricks
    How to detect vacuum leaks using a smoke machine | AUTODOC
  • Changing Disc pads Honda CR-V Mk3 2.2 i-CTDi 4WD (RE6) - Replacement Tips
    Coolant comparison test | AUTODOC
  • Maintenance Hacks - HONDA CR-V III (RE) 2.0 i-VTEC 4WD (RE5, RE2) Brake pad kit replacement guide
    Replacing your engine cooling fan | AUTODOC tips
  • Replace Disc brake pads on Honda CR-V Mk3 - free video tips
    8 bad driving habits | AUTODOC tips