Top 10 car assemblies and components not recommended for DIY repair
[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Repair of some components and assemblies demands professional knowledge, experience, and equipment. For the following list of car assemblies and components, we recommend having repairs carried out by a technical specialist.
- Engine. Complete engine overhaul. Replacement of pistons and piston rings, valves, conrods and their bearings, camshaft(s) and crankshaft. Engine damage assessment, boring and honing.
- Fuel system. Replacement of a fuel injection pump, fuel rail, and injectors. ECU remapping.
- Wheel rims. Fixing cracked wheel rims. Rim straightening. Fixing axial runout.
- Electrical equipment. Replacing engine wiring, control units, and sensors.
- Engine control unit (ECU).
- A/C compressor. Refilling A/C refrigerant. Replacing the A/C compressor.
- Airbags. Replacing airbag inflators and sensors. Airbag module reset.
- Paintwork. Removing chips, deep scratches, and cracks from the paintwork.
- Body elements. Replacing wings, sills, and the windscreen. Spot welding body panels. Car body damage assessment and straightening.