6 steps to check the engine oil level[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
- Park your car on an even surface.
- Turn off the engine and wait 10–15 minutes. This is the time required for the oil to settle into the oil pan.
- Take a clean, light-coloured cloth.
Please note! The readings may be inaccurate if you check the oil level after the car has been parked for a long time, especially in cold weather.
- Pull out the oil dipstick and wipe it dry.
Caution! Do not apply excessive force when removing and inserting the dipstick as this may damage it.
- Push the clean dipstick all the way in then and pull it out again.
- Carefully inspect the dipstick. The oil mark will come up to a certain point on it, indicating the level of oil in your engine. It should be between the “min” and “max” lines.
Some dipsticks have additional marks such as “hot” and “cold”. These are used to show the normal lubrication level when the engine is hot or cold.