Important!
This replacement procedure can be used for:
RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.6 BiFuel (KA0B), RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.6 BiFuel (KA04), RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.8 (KA1M), RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.6 (KA0B, KA04), RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.9 dCi (KA05), RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.9 dCi (KA05), RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.4 (KA0D), RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.9 DTI (KA1U), RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.9 D (KA0R) View more

The steps may slightly vary depending on the car design.

This video shows the replacement procedure of a similar car part on another vehicle

All the parts you need to replace – Wheel Bearing for Megane I Kombi van (KA_) and other RENAULT models
How to change Wheel bearing kit on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.9 D (KA0R) – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Wheel bearing kit
How to change Wheel bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.9 D (KA0R) – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Wheel bearing
How to change Cap, wheel bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.9 D (KA0R) – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Cap, wheel bearing
Tools
Replacement: wheel bearing – RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_). List of the tools you'll need:
Wire brush
WD-40 spray
Brake cleaner
Electronic spray
Copper grease
Torque wrench
Combination spanner #18
Combination spanner #21
Drive socket # 16
Drive socket # 18
Drive socket # 21
Drive socket # 30
Torx bit T40
Wheel impact socket #19
Bush and bearing driver set
Bearing separator
Ball joint puller
Ratchet wrench
Flat Screwdriver
Impact screwdriver
Tap wrench
Crow bar
Wheel chock
AUTODOC recommends:
  • Do not re-use the bearing assembly of your RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) car.
  • The wheel hub bearing replacement procedure is identical for both wheels on the same axle.
  • Please note: all work on the car – RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) – should be done with the engine switched off.
Carry out replacement in the following order:
  1. Step 1
    How to change Wheel Bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 2000 - free PDF and video manuals
    Clean the fastener of the driveshaft. Use a wire brush.
  2. Step 2
    How to replace RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.9 D (KA0R) 2001 Wheel Bearing - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Loosen the fastener of the driveshaft. Use a drive socket #30. Use a tap wrench.
  3. Step 3
    Secure the wheels with chocks.
    Step 4
    RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.9 DTI (KA1U) 2002 Wheel Bearing replacement: free workshop manuals
    Loosen the wheel mounting bolts. Use wheel impact socket #19.
  4. Step 5
    Raise the car.
    Replacement: wheel bearing – RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_). Tip from AUTODOC experts:
    If you are using a jack, make sure it rests on a flat surface without any unevenness.Be sure to additionally secure the car with jack stands.
    Step 6
    Changing Wheel Bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.9 dCi (KA05) 2003 by yourself
    Unscrew the wheel bolts.
    AUTODOC recommends:
    Warning! To avoid injury, hold the wheel while unscrewing the fastening bolts. RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_)
  5. Step 7
    How to remove RENAULT MEGANE 1.6 (KA0B, KA04) 2000 Wheel Bearing - online easy-to-follow instructions
    Remove the wheel.
  6. Step 8
    Clean the brake caliper bracket fasteners. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
    Step 9
    How to replace Wheel Bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 2001: download PDF manuals and video instructions
    Spread the brake pads. Use a crowbar.
  7. Step 10
    How hard is it to do yourself: Wheel Bearing replacement on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.6 BiFuel (KA04) 2002 - download illustrated guide
    Unscrew the caliper bracket fastening. Use a drive socket #18. Use a ratchet wrench.
  8. Step 11
    Need to know how to renew Wheel Bearing on RENAULT MEGANE 2003? This free workshop manual will help you to do it yourself
    Remove the brake caliper together with its bracket.
    Replacement: wheel bearing – RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_). Tip from AUTODOC:
    Tie the caliper to the suspension or to the body with a wire without disconnecting from the brake hose to prevent depressurization of the brake system.Make sure that the brake caliper is not hanging on the brake hose.Don't press the brake pedal after the brake caliper has been removed. As a result, the piston can fall out from the brake cylinder, and brake fluid leakage and depressurization of the system may occur.Check the brake caliper bracket, brake caliper guide pins and boots. Clean them. Replace, if necessary.
  9. Step 12
    Changing of Wheel Bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 2000 won't be an issue if you follow this illustrated step-by-step guide
    Detach the brake hose from the shock strut. Use a crowbar.
  10. Step 13
    RENAULT MEGANE 1.9 D (KA0R) Wheel Bearing replacement: online guides and video tutorials
    Clean the brake disc fasteners. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  11. Step 14
    Replacing Wheel Bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 2002 1.9 D (KA0R) by yourself
    Unscrew the brake disc fastening. Use Torx T40. Use an impact screwdriver.
  12. Step 15
    Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.6 (KA0B, KA04) 2003 Wheel Bearing DIY replacement workshop manual
    Remove the brake disc.
  13. Step 16
    How to change Wheel Bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 2000 - tips and tricks
    Disconnect the ABS sensor wiring.
  14. Step 17
    Step-by-step recommendations for DIY replacement RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 2001 1.6 (KA0B, KA04) Wheel Bearing
    Detach the ABS sensor connector.
  15. Step 18
    DIY replacement of Wheel Bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.4 (KA0D) 2002 is not an issue anymore with our step-by-step tutorial
    Clean the fasteners connecting the shock strut to the steering knuckle. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  16. Step 19
    How to change Wheel Bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 2000 - free PDF and video manuals
    Clean the fastener connecting the tie rod end to the steering knuckle. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  17. Step 20
    How to replace RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.9 D (KA0R) 2001 Wheel Bearing - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Clean the fasteners connecting the ball joint to the suspension control arm. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  18. Step 21
    RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.9 DTI (KA1U) 2002 Wheel Bearing replacement: free workshop manuals
    Unscrew the fasteners connecting the suspension strut to the steering knuckle. Use a combination spanner #21. Use a drive socket #21. Use a ratchet wrench.
  19. Step 22
    Changing Wheel Bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.9 dCi (KA05) 2003 by yourself
    Unscrew the end fastening nut to the steering knuckle. Use a drive socket #16. Use a tap wrench.
  20. Step 23
    How to remove RENAULT MEGANE 1.6 (KA0B, KA04) 2000 Wheel Bearing - online easy-to-follow instructions
    Disconnect the tie rod end from the steering knuckle. Use a ball joint puller.
  21. Step 24
    How to replace Wheel Bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 2001: download PDF manuals and video instructions
    Disconnect the ball joint from the control arm. Use a combination spanner #18. Use a drive socket #18. Use a ratchet wrench.
  22. Step 25
    How hard is it to do yourself: Wheel Bearing replacement on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.6 BiFuel (KA04) 2002 - download illustrated guide
    Disconnect the ball joint from the control arm. Use a crowbar.
  23. Step 26
    Need to know how to renew Wheel Bearing on RENAULT MEGANE 2003? This free workshop manual will help you to do it yourself
    Unscrew the fastener connecting the drive shaft to the wheel hub. Use a drive socket #30. Use a ratchet wrench. Remove the fastening bolt.
  24. Step 27
    Changing of Wheel Bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 2000 won't be an issue if you follow this illustrated step-by-step guide
    Detach the driveshaft from the steering knuckle. Remove the fastening bolt.
  25. Step 28
    RENAULT MEGANE 1.9 D (KA0R) Wheel Bearing replacement: online guides and video tutorials
    Disconnect the steering knuckle from the shock absorber strut.
  26. Step 29
    Replacing Wheel Bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 2002 1.9 D (KA0R) by yourself
    Remove the steering knuckle together with the wheel hub.
  27. Step 30
    Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.6 (KA0B, KA04) 2003 Wheel Bearing DIY replacement workshop manual
    Press the hub out of the steering knuckle. Use a bush and bearing driver set.
  28. Step 31
    How to change Wheel Bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 2000 - tips and tricks
    Clean the wheel hub bearing retaining ring. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  29. Step 32
    Step-by-step recommendations for DIY replacement RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 2001 1.6 (KA0B, KA04) Wheel Bearing
    Remove the wheel hub bearing retaining ring. Use a flat screwdriver.
  30. Step 33
    DIY replacement of Wheel Bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.4 (KA0D) 2002 is not an issue anymore with our step-by-step tutorial
    Press out the inner bearing race that is remaining on the hub. Use a bearing separator. Use a bush and bearing driver set.
  31. Step 34
    Press out the wheel hub bearing. Use a bush and bearing driver set.
  32. Step 35
    Clean the hub bearing mounting seat. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  33. Step 36
    Press-fit the new bearing into the steering knuckle. Use a bush and bearing driver set.
    Replacement: wheel bearing – RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_). Tip from AUTODOC experts:
    Check to make sure the wheel hub bearing is positioned correctly. Avoid its misalignment.
  34. Step 37
    Install the wheel hub bearing retaining ring. Use a flat screwdriver.
  35. Step 38
    Clean the hub. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  36. Step 39
    Press-fit a new bearing into the wheel hub. Use a bush and bearing driver set.
  37. Step 40
    Clean the lower fastener connecting the suspension strut to the steering knuckle. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  38. Step 41
    Clean the splines of the drive shaft CV joint. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  39. Step 42
    Clean the ball joint mounting seat. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  40. Step 43
    Treat the splines of the driveshaft CV joint. Treat the fasteners of the ball joint. Use copper grease.
  41. Step 44
    Install the steering knuckle assembled with the wheel hub.
    Step 45
    Fix the shock absorber strut on the steering knuckle.
    Step 46
    Install the fastening bolt.
Was this manual helpful?
Please rate this manual on a scale from 1 to 5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us.
Users voted – 0
Your profile is your personal assistant.

It can track car expenses, keep a car log and replacement schedule, and save favourite materials, notes and documents

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!
Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.
RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) Wheel Bearing replace by yourself - Scan QR-code and download AUTODOC CLUB app
Scan

To download the app:

• - scan the QR code
  • - download from App Store
  • - download from Google Play
DIY RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) Wheel Bearing replacement - online guide
Tips & tricks for your RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_)
View more
  • How to change Wheel bearings on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.4 (KA0D) - replacement tricks
    Why do your brakes squeak? | AUTODOC tips
  • Changing Hub bearing RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.9 D (KA0R) - Replacement Tips
    How to check your head gasket | AUTODOC
  • Maintenance Hacks - RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) 1.9 DTI (KA1U) Wheel bearing kit replacement guide
    Top 5 reasons why the suspension knocks | AUTODOC tips
  • Replace Wheel hub bearing on RENAULT Megane I Kombi van (KA_) - free video tips
    What to do if your car's air conditioning isn't working properly | AUTODOC tips