AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / VAUXHALL / Smoke from the exhaust and rattle from engine

Back to topics

Smoke from the exhaust and rattle from engine
VAUXHALL Astra Mk VI (J) GTC (P10)

• VAUXHALL Astra Mk VI (J) Estate (P10) 1.6
    @user_2381239 Mar 30, 2024
    Hello everyone,

I’m encountering a recent issue with my 2011 Vauxhall Astra J Estate, equipped with a 1.6-liter petrol engine and automatic transmission, with 99,000 miles on it.

Yesterday, while merging onto the motorway and accelerating to pass a lorry, I observed a cloud of smoke from the exhaust accompanied by a brief power loss and the smell of burnt oil. After easing off the throttle, the engine seemed to operate normally for the remainder of the 30-mile trip.

Today, a similar incident occurred when exiting the motorway and negotiating a right turn around a roundabout. Upon acceleration, there was once again smoke from the exhaust, along with a noticeable engine rattle. After straightening up from the roundabout, I reduced acceleration.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon