AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / VAUXHALL / Oil in engine wiring connectors

Back to topics

Oil in engine wiring connectors
VAUXHALL Corsa Mk III (D) Hatchback (S07)

• @user_2120504 Jan 03, 2024
    Hi all im writing in this forum to ask for help. The issue with my corsa model d from 2007 1.0litre is that about 5 months ago my 02 bank 1 sensor broke and since then i replaced it to the  cheap one (wasn’t worth it). Then the new 02 sensor broke again and found oil in the harnis connector. Ive went to the mechanic as the engine ran rough (I reset the ECU with and obd2 reader the issue went away for 2 days and then came back). The mechanic replaced the ignition coil pack, air flow sensor, spark plugs and the old 02 sensor for a denso 02 lamba sensor. All that didnt help and oil was found in all the wiring connection to these new parts after 5 days of being fitted – the rough engine feeling came back. A newly discovered issue is the oil pressure swith has started to leak abit of oil from its seal but I havent got a clue if that will cause  the issue of oil in my wiring harnis.
    Any advise  will be much appreciated. Any ideas to what I should look at to replace for my car to work correctly again.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Androm Jan 04, 2024
    Hi, first you need to replace the pressure sensor, then clean all other leaks, also clean all the sensors that have oil on them because they may not be working properly because of the oil

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon