AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / FORD / Kuga MK1 no Ignition Power

Back to topics

Kuga MK1 no Ignition Power
FORD

• @user_1357448 Jan 21, 2023
    Hi All
    I had a problem with parasitic drain from the battery. I my attempt to find it I disconnected the starter, alternator and checked for draw. I removed the complete interior, 1 to clean the carpets and 2 looking for the battery drain. I identified the problem being the electric heater matrix inside the car and disconnected it.
    I had to replace the battery, which I did.
    When I tried to start the car I couldn’t get the ignition to come on. (Push start), I tried the emergency key, but still nothing.
    I have tested (about 4 times) every fuse and relay in the car and even tried reconnecting the heater on the off chance it was that.
    Now every time I hook-up the battery the alarm sounds and I can’t switch it off using the key.
    Any help would be gratefully received.
    Thanks
    Eifion

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Brohn1966 Feb 06, 2023
    Well, as I understand it, the problem is with the alarm that is in the car, then in order to suggest something, you need to understand what kind of alarm is installed in the car. if the car has a factory alarm, then the car needs to be delivered only to a specialized service station, if a third-party alarm is retrofitted to the car, then you just need to turn it off, perhaps problems with battery discharge were associated with the alarm.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon