AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / FORD / Can anyone tell me where the longest vacuum pipe connects to please. It comes from the top right hand corner of the Inlet Manifold just below the metal bracket that supports the other vacuum pipes from the Rear of the Inlet Manifold. I have connected all of these vacuum pipes up but I just cannot remember or find another push on connection for the open end of this pipe. Please, Please can someone tell me where it is.

Back to topics

Can anyone tell me where the longest vacuum pipe connects to please. It comes from the top right hand corner of the Inlet Manifold just below the metal bracket that supports the other vacuum pipes from the Rear of the Inlet Manifold. I have connected all of these vacuum pipes up but I just cannot remember or find another push on connection for the open end of this pipe. Please, Please can someone tell me where it is.
FORD MONDEO IV (BA7)

• FORD MONDEO IV (BA7) 2.0 TDCi
    @user_1860868 Dec 08, 2023
    Please see ‘Topic Name’ + Ford Mondeo Mk4 Duratorq TDCI 2.0 Diesel Hatchback 2012 (BA7) 103Kw 140bhp QXBB I think they are referred to as Mk4 Upgrade?
    I stripped down the Inlet Manifold, EGR Valve & Cooler and De-coked them including the Inlet Ports + New Glow Plugs + Injectors. Re built it but I just cannot remember or find where the longest vacuum hose/pipe connects to. This appears to be fairly common as I’ve seen similar posts regarding this longest pipe. BUT!! No Answer. So again if anyone can help I will be really thankful. Thank You Paul

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @user_2154335 Jan 15, 2024
    Hello
    My 2011 model ford mondeo selective 2.0 vehicle. From the date of maintenance on 15.12.2023 until today, 1 cm of water has decreased. I had a pressure test done and no leaks were found. The vehicle has 120,000 km and the timing belt and water pump have never been changed.
    • @Prameneven @user_2154335 Jan 15, 2024
      Maybe it’s just time to replace the timing and water pump? If I’m not mistaken there should be a hole on the water pump and if it starts to fail, antifreeze will leak through the hole, you need to look at everything and check more precisely.
    • @user_2154335 @Prameneven Jan 15, 2024
      I thought the same thing too.
      I’m thinking of changing it. The service does not know how many kilometers the water circulation needs to be changed, do you know?
    • @Prameneven @user_2154335 Jan 16, 2024
      Everyone recommends changing the belt and water pump every 80,000 kilometers or every 5 years if you don’t drive that far. This is the most correct thought, it is better to replace a little earlier than to make expensive engine repairs.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon