AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / FORD / Transit Connect Faulty Injectors & Fuel pump

Back to topics

Transit Connect Faulty Injectors & Fuel pump
FORD TRANSIT CONNECT (P65_, P70_, P80_)

• @user_669276 Nov 18, 2021
    HI Just wondered if any1 else has had issues with Ford Transit connect 2019 
    My van died 3 wks ago on motorway and I got it towed to garage Ford garage, I was told after a few days that this may be an issue with the injectors. Ford told them to out in 4 new injectors when that was done van still didn’t run so now they reckon the problem was caused by fuel and ain’t gonna cover repairs under warranty. 
    Supposedly there is shards of metal in the injectors and they rekon it was washed diesel but this is definitely not the case. How wud metal get into the fuel other tha  come from the ful pump. ? Has any1 had similar problems? Id appreciate any help 
    Thanks 

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• VOLVO V50 (MW) 2.0 D
    @user_786269 Feb 14, 2022
    If they done there diagnosis right then the injector’s should not have been removed/replaced. They should of carried out a data check on the fuel pump pressure and fuel line pressure to see if they are the same as the recommendation supplied on the data list, then would be able to see if that is within tolerance. If all good then a fuel simple is very easy to do to see if is has water in the fuel (can see it floating on top) , if that is good then removing the fuel filter and check for metal fillings in the filter housing, ( the data list can sometimes find that the pump if failing or breaking up when checking the data list when the van is under load/boost and will see the pressure drop off). Then a leak test on the injector’s to see how they are proforming. But to remove the injector’s, get them tested and to say it’s the fuel pump is very bad service as every step should have been checked over before the injector’s. For all 4 injections to be faulty is super rare.. I believe that they never checked it over properly. 
  • @Pockeplithe Feb 18, 2022
    Metal particles in the injectors could appear only from the fuel tank, perhaps the pump itself at the gas station has some kind of output and thus the particles got into the fuel during refuelling and then into the tank, or the fuel was stored in some kind of dirty containers.
  • @user_1675161 Jun 17, 2023
    I’ve got exactly the same problem..what was it in the end
    Jim

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon