Back to topics

Fault code P0045
FORD FOCUS III

• FORD FOCUS III 1.6 TDCi
    @Grampabill Feb 12, 2024
    My  2011 Focus 1.6tdci is showing fault code P0045 which translates as “Turbo boost control solenoid A circuit open”
    I have a very busy 2 weeks before there will be a window to get this fault looked at so my question is can I still drive it as there are no symptoms of problem, it drives as well as ever with no overheating and still excellent mileage.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Learallings Feb 12, 2024
    If the error is active, I would not recommend to drive the car.  Try to delete the error, if it does not appear again, you can operate the car, maybe this error is simply stored in memory and is no longer active.
      @Grampabill @Learallings Feb 12, 2024
      Can you please give me reasons the car should not be driven?
    • @Learallings @Grampabill Feb 12, 2024
      In some cases, problems with the turbocharger can lead to serious engine damage, which will lead to expensive engine repairs; therefore, operating the car is not recommended.
      @Grampabill @Learallings Feb 12, 2024
      I understand your assumption about damage to the engine but I would really like to know just what could happen if the warning is ignored or postponed.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon