AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / PEUGEOT / How to Bleed brake master cylinder after replacing brake pipe

Back to topics

How to Bleed brake master cylinder after replacing brake pipe
PEUGEOT 107 Hatchback (PM_, PN_)

• @user_148944 Nov 03, 2020
    I have a 2015 Peugeot 107 petrol. I have just replaced the long (rear to front) rear offside brake pipe. Probably lost all the fluid from the master cylinder. After replacing the brake pipe, I bled all the brakes with new brake fluid. Started the car and the brake padel went down the floor very soft. I believe I have trapped air in the master cylinder. 
    Who do I go about removing the air from the master cylinder? There is no proper video. 

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Promes Nov 12, 2020
    You need to expel air by pumping the brakes.
     Pumping must be started from the farthest wheel.
    If you have a steering wheel on the left side, then you start from the rear right wheel, then the rear left, front right, and end with the front left.
    You need to drive the liquid well.
    • @user_148944 @Promes Nov 13, 2020
      Thanks for the information. I tried as you said but the brake was still spongy. So craked opened the two connections from the master cylinder, pressed the brake padel, and tightened the connections. Started the car to prime the master cylinder. Repeated this a few times and this helped to expel all the air from the MC. Then I bled all the brakes as you told and this resolved the problem.
      The car has now passed its MOT.
      Thanks
      Monty

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon