Back to topics

Garage at fault?
VAUXHALL Corsavan Mk IV (E) Van (X15)

• @user_2428570 Apr 14, 2024
    Hi, bear with me as I am a mere female so not mechanically minded 🙈 My 15 plate Vauxhall Corsa went into a garage for some repairs. I told them there was a knocking noise which I thought was possibly a wheel bearing. They called and informed me that the callipers were seized on and they would have to do that and that the brake pads needed replacing. When I went to collect it a couple of days later they told me they were having a problem with overheating now too, apparently whilst they had it they did a thing while it was on the ramp that caused coolant to explode over the guy and they weren’t happy to let me take it without putting on a new coolant flange and making sure it didn’t overheat. He also then asked if I was aware there was a knocking noise?!!!! (The only reason I’d taken the bloody car there in the first place!) they said it needed a new stabiliser link which they did for free as they could see I wasn’t happy with what was going on. Anyway… 5 weeks later the head gasket blew! Could this in anyway have been caused by them? The reason I’m skeptical about this company is not only did they do loads of work not related to why I took the car in, manage to create exploding coolant issues but also my sisters friend had work done to her car and that completely broke down and lost all power 3 weeks after they had it in! 😩 Sorry it’s a long one, just can’t afford to get ripped off and lose my car right now ☹️

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon