AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / PEUGEOT / Coolant replacement/workshop manual

Back to topics

Coolant replacement/workshop manual
PEUGEOT BOXER Box (230L)

• PEUGEOT BOXER Platform/Chassis (ZCT_) 1.9 TD
    @user_950384 Nov 25, 2023
    Hi would appreciate any advice on replacing the Coolant on my 1997 Boxer 270 TD MWB Motorhome and if anyone knows where I can get a new or used workshop manual.
    These are the steps I would normally take on a vehicle.
    Let engine cool and put heater control to hot
    Remove rad/reservoir cap
    Locate bleeding valve/drain valve on bottom of radiator and open allowing contents to flow into container. ( if valve broken/Damaged or cant be located then remove bottom hose from rad.
    When rad and reservoir completely drained. Close rad drain valve/replace hose.
    Put recommended Rad Flush/Cleaner into rad following instructions on container and refill with water.
    Run engine to normal temp.
    Allow to cool and drain system as before.
    Use hose to flush rad until water runs clear.
    Tighten fully Rad drain valve and fill system through reservoir/system with coolant suitable for this vehicle.
    Any comments would be greatfully appriciated.
    Ray

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Theratte Nov 27, 2023
    Everything is described  correctly about the replacement, I did the same on my car, there are no problems.
    • PEUGEOT BOXER Platform/Chassis (ZCT_) 1.9 TD
      @user_950384 @Theratte Dec 05, 2023
      thanks for that sorry for not responding sooner

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon