AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / PEUGEOT / Camshaft & Crankshaft correlation.

Back to topics

Camshaft & Crankshaft correlation.
PEUGEOT 5008 (0U_, 0E_)

• PEUGEOT 5008 (0U_, 0E_) 1.6 16V
    @Spirit Wolf May 18, 2021
    Hi,
    I have a Peugeot 5008 THP 1.6 2009 model.
    I have recently been told by my service garage, that I have an issue with the correlation/timing of the Crankshaft & Camshaft, but without setting to work on the engine, he has no idea what exactly is wrong with it and it’s not going to be cheap… :-/

My dilemma… 

I am aware of the ECU code 
    P0016 – sychronize Camshaft and Crankshaft correlation 
    showing on my neighbors advanced car diagnostic tool when he checked for me, which is the same code the service garage guy told me, but I needed to confirm to see if it was true.
    The code on the CDT is showing as ‘intermittent’, something the service garage guy has not mentioned :-/
    However, my car is not showing any symptoms for this code… no stalling, no misfiring, no juddering, no noises of any kind, fuel consumption seems to be good…
    The only thing I have had since I bought the car in October 2020, is the ‘check engine’ light coming on occasionally, with info on the screen saying ‘anti pollution system faulty’, but then it can stop telling me after a couple of hours or maybe max 2 days, with very intermittent driving (I don’t drive around that much, as I work from home and have a toddler to care for), but the ‘check engine’ light has only come on once this year and never showed again several hours later when I used the car again.
    So… with no symptoms, occasional (very rarely but still there) ‘check engine’ light with fault message,
     this brings me to believing that there is most likely an issue with one or both of the sensors.
    For obvious reasons, I don’t want to take my car back to the garage, as I am kinda dis-trusting this guy…
    He hasn’t said anything about checking the Camshaft or Crankshaft sensors, wiring or anything, he has only mentioned going straight into the engine, for the timing belt… 
    oh… and he did mention that if he was to start digging into the engine for this issue, he guarantees he will find more wrong that will take up the cost of repairs, labour etc…
    Does anyone have any thoughts on this? It’d be nice to hear them 😀

Also, as I am not willing to go back to the garage for this issue, (I am also running low on funds, so visiting another garage for a diagnosis and then repair and labour costs, is out of the question for the time being…)

I am looking at personally going through the basics to start… yep that’s right! The Sensors.
    Once I’m done with them, if the problem code still shows, then I know what to expect 🙂

But I have no idea where they are :D:D:D

If someone can enlighten me, or provide some info/instructions on finding the Camshaft and Crankshaft Sensors, I would be extremely grateful 😀
    Thank you for your time 🙂 

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Nothearms62 May 21, 2021
    You can contact the online store AUTODOC . Provide the Vin code and you will be advised on both sensors that fit your car.
    • PEUGEOT 5008 (0U_, 0E_) 1.6 16V
      @Spirit Wolf @Nothearms62 May 28, 2021
      Thanks for the info Nothearms62.
      But I’m trying to find out where the camshaft and crankshaft sensors are located on my vehicle.
      I can get the parts without a problem, but it’s knowing where they are on my engine 🙂 
  • @user_518619 Aug 19, 2021
    @Spirit WolfMay 18, 2021
    Hi,
    I have recently been told by my service garage, that I have an issue with the correlation/timing of the Crankshaft & Camshaft, but without setting to work on the engine, he has no idea what exactly is wrong with it and it’s not going to be cheap… :-/

My dilemma… 

showing on my neighbors advanced car diagnostic tool when he checked for me, which is the same code the service garage guy told me, but I needed to confirm to see if it was true.
    The code on the CDT is showing as ‘intermittent’, something the service garage guy has not mentioned :-/
    However, my car is not showing any symptoms for this code… no stalling, no misfiring, no juddering, no noises of any kind, fuel consumption seems to be good…
    The only thing I have had since I bought the car in October 2020, is the ‘check engine’ light coming on occasionally, with info on the screen saying ‘anti pollution system faulty’, but then it can stop telling me after a couple of hours or maybe max 2 days, with very intermittent driving (I don’t drive around that much, as I work from home and have a toddler to care for), but the ‘check engine’ light has only come on once this year and never showed again several hours later when I used the car again.
    So… with no symptoms, occasional (very rarely but still there) ‘check engine’ light with fault message,
     this brings me to believing that there is most likely an issue with one or both of the sensors.
    For obvious reasons, I don’t want to take my car back to the garage, as I am kinda dis-trusting this guy…
    He hasn’t said anything about checking the Camshaft or Crankshaft sensors, wiring or anything, he has only mentioned going straight into the engine, for the timing belt… 
    oh… and he did mention that if he was to start digging into the engine for this issue, he guarantees he will fihttps://www.worktime.com/nd more wrong that will take up the cost of repairs, labour etc…

Also, as I am not willing to go back to the garage for this issue, (I am also running low on funds, so visiting another garage for a diagnosis and then repair and labour costs, is out of the question for the time being…)

I am looking at personally going through the basics to start… yep that’s right! The Sensors.
    Once I’m done with them, if the problem code still shows, then I know what to expect 🙂

But I have no idea where they are :D:D:D

If someone can enlighten me, or provide some info/instructions on finding the Camshaft and Crankshaft Sensors, I would be extremely grateful 😀
    Have you solved your issue?
  • @user_518619 Aug 20, 2021
    @Spirit WolfMay 18, 2021
    Hi,

My dilemma… 

oh… and he did mention that if he was to start digging into the engine for this issue, he guarantees he will find more wrong that will take up the cost of repairs, labour etc…

But I have no idea where they are :D:D:D

/
    Could you tell me how have you solved this issue?
  • @Thookinieng Aug 23, 2021
    CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR No. 5 on the diagram
    CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR No. 4 on the diagram

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon