AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / PEUGEOT / AXLE STAND POSITIONS

Back to topics

AXLE STAND POSITIONS
PEUGEOT 207 CC (WD_)

• PEUGEOT 207 CC (WD_) 1.6 16V Turbo
    @user_300697 Oct 11, 2021
    I know this sounds like a daft question but has anyone got pictures or vids of where exactly to place axle stands when raising front of car as I need to get underneath to replace the engine/gearbox mount. I don’t particularly want to use the jacking points as I have heard they are only for the carjack that comes with the car. 

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @user_609057 Oct 13, 2021

You need to place them under somewhere strong that can withstand the weight of the car, as with the jacking points. If, for example, while working under the car you remove the wheels and to put them under the car as an extra safety measure as I usually do. I have decided to buy a house in Spain get citizenship https://tranio.com/spain/passport/ and recently. Luckily, the house has a huge garage and now it’s easier than ever before to work under the car.

• @Anna Johnson Oct 13, 2021
    AUTODOC expert
    In order to install the starter racks under the car, you need to raise the front of the car with a jack on both sides at the same time with your partner. 
    Without removing the car from the jacks, substitute it under the amplifiers on the bottom of the front of the car and adjust the racks so that they rest. 
    After the car is at speed and on the handbrake and insurance are the racks and jacks under the car, then you can only get to work.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon