AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / HONDA / Worried what to do next.

Back to topics

Worried what to do next.
HONDA CIVIC IX (FK)

• HONDA CIVIC IX (FK) 1.8 i-VTEC (FK2)
    @HondaCruz Jan 04, 2024
    I bought a service plan from AC 2 years ago and just had MOT/Service today.
    The car is 14 years old and just by chance, I was able to see all the previous MOTs on the car.
    I am concerned because out of the 14yrs, most of the failures are the same; tyres worn, coil springs eroded, anti roll bar ball joint issues, suspension issues. This has been the pattern most consecutive years, so last year, in my ownership time, similar story, although I don’t drive it everyday, in lots of traffic or rag it about. Anyway, I got the suspension fixed, coil springs etc… from a different garage. 
    Today, the advisories are YET again the same! I have paid to replace the two front tyres, but now coils, suspension and anti roll bar needs more money spending on it? In 12 months?
    I am reluctant to have the work done at AC, because of the reoccurrences.
    Is there a poor performance on this particular make of car, or is there something odd going on with AC and keeps putting these advisories same down, just to get more money out of the services? (The car has passed the MOT.)
    I am just also concerned about the MOT history, that the passed driver(s) ownership, is so bad. If I knew beforehand, I wouldn’t have bought the car.
    Just need some advice really. 

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Somenct Jan 04, 2024
    Hi. I recommend to go to another service  to make sure that the car is fine or on the contrary to check if it really needs service
    • HONDA CIVIC IX (FK) 1.8 i-VTEC (FK2)
      @HondaCruz @Somenct Jan 05, 2024
      Im going to do that next week, just to make sure it’s not just money wasting.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon