AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / SKODA / Unable to open rear door.

Back to topics

Unable to open rear door.
SKODA Octavia I Combi (1U5)

• @user_2360093 Mar 23, 2024
    I have an Octavia 2003 that the right rear door cannot be opened. The lock button never goes up when I unlock the doors. If I try to open from the inside with the handle, the lock button goes up, but goes down again when I release the handle and it won’t open.
    Thanks for all the tips. A bit difficult to troubleshoot the door when you can’t open it.
    /Per

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Threangster Mar 25, 2024
    I had a similar problem once and it turned out that the outer door handle cable was over tightened, after I got to it and adjusted everything worked.
    • @user_2360093 @Threangster Mar 25, 2024
      Ok but how did you manage to open the door? I can’t open up the inside of the door when it’s closed.
    • @Threangster @user_2360093 Mar 26, 2024
      Carefully, with the door closed, we removed the trim from the inside of the car, it was not easy, but I was lucky and nothing was broken. I won’t tell you what to do or how because it was all done by a mechanic, I just stood and watched nothing to be broken.
  • @user_2445194 Apr 19, 2024
    Hi
    We have had same trouble with our Superb.
    Car just out of guarantee and cost us $2,300 to fix
    Perhaps this is a fault with the manufacturer? Anyone else had a door locking problem?

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon