Important!
This replacement procedure can be used for:
HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate 2.0 i (CW1), HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate 2.4 i (CW2), HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3), HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) View more

The steps may slightly vary depending on the car design.

This video shows the replacement procedure of a similar car part on another vehicle

All the parts you need to replace – Strut Mount for ACCORD VIII Estate and other HONDA models
How to change Top strut mount on Honda Accord Estate mk8 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Top strut mount
How to change Repair kit, suspension strut on Honda Accord Estate mk8 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Repair kit, suspension strut
How to change Anti-Friction Bearing, suspension strut support mounting on Honda Accord Estate mk8 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Anti-Friction Bearing, suspension strut support mounting
How to change Suspension Strut Mounting on Honda Accord Estate mk8 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Suspension Strut Mounting
Tools
Replacement: strut mount – HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate. List of the tools you'll need:
Wire brush
WD-40 spray
Copper grease
Combination spanner #14
Combination spanner #17
Drive socket # 12
Drive socket # 14
Drive socket # 17
HEX bit No.H6.
Wheel impact socket #19
Ratchet wrench
Torque wrench
Pin punch
Tap wrench
Hammer
Flat chisel
Rubber mallet
Crow bar
Hydraulic strut spring compressor
Hydraulic transmission jack
Fender cover
Wheel chock
Replacement: strut mount – HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate. AUTODOC experts recommend:
  • All mounts of the front shock struts should be replaced simultaneously.
  • The replacement procedure is identical for the mounts of the left and right shock struts of the front suspension.
  • Be sure to replace all self-locking nuts and bolts during installation.
  • All work should be done with the engine stopped.
Replacement: strut mount – HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate. Recommended sequence of steps:
  1. Step 1
    Open the bonnet.
    Step 2
    Use a fender protection cover to prevent damaging paintwork and plastic parts of the car.
    Step 3
    How to change Strut Mount on Honda Accord Estate mk8 2008 - free PDF and video manuals
    Clean the fasteners of the shock strut upper mount. Use WD-40 spray.
  2. Step 4
    How to replace HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) 2009 Strut Mount - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Loosen the upper fastener of the shock strut mount. Use a drive socket #14. Use a ratchet wrench.
  3. Step 5
    Honda Accord Estate mk8 2.0 i (CW1) 2010 Strut Mount replacement: free workshop manuals
    Secure the wheels with chocks.
  4. Step 6
    Changing Strut Mount on HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate 2.0 i 2011 by yourself
    Loosen the wheel mounting bolts. Use wheel impact socket #19.
  5. Step 7
    Raise the front of the car and secure on supports.
    Step 8
    How to remove HONDA ACCORD 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) 2012 Strut Mount - online easy-to-follow instructions
    Unscrew the wheel bolts.
    AUTODOC recommends:
    To avoid injury, hold up the wheel when unscrewing the bolts.
  6. Step 9
    How to replace Strut Mount on HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate 2013: download PDF manuals and video instructions
    Remove the wheel.
  7. Step 10
    How hard is it to do yourself: Strut Mount replacement on Honda Accord Estate mk8 2.4 i (CW2) 2014 - download illustrated guide
    Clean the shock strut fasteners. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  8. Step 11
    Need to know how to renew Strut Mount on HONDA ACCORD 2015? This free workshop manual will help you to do it yourself
    Unscrew the ABS cable holder. Use a drive socket #12. Use a ratchet wrench.
  9. Step 12
    Changing of Strut Mount on Honda Accord Estate mk8 2016 won't be an issue if you follow this illustrated step-by-step guide
    Unscrew the fastening bolt that connects the shock strut with the shock absorber fork. Use a drive socket #14. Use a tap wrench.
  10. Step 13
    HONDA ACCORD 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) Strut Mount replacement: online guides and video tutorials
    Undo the fastener that connects the shock strut with the shock absorber fork. Use a crowbar. Use a hammer.
  11. Step 14
    Replacing Strut Mount on Honda Accord Estate mk8 2018 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) by yourself
    Pull aside the shock strut from its mounting seat.
  12. Step 15
    ACCORD VIII Estate 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) 2019 Strut Mount DIY replacement workshop manual
    Clean the fastening bolt that connects the shock absorber fork with the lower control arm. Use a wire brush. Use WD-40 spray.
  13. Step 16
    How to change Strut Mount on HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate 2020 - tips and tricks
    Unscrew the fastening bolt that connects the shock absorber fork with the lower control arm. Use a combination spanner #17. Use a drive socket #17. Use a tap wrench.
  14. Step 17
    Step-by-step recommendations for DIY replacement Honda Accord Estate mk8 2021 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) Strut Mount
    Remove the fastening bolt. Use a pin punch. Use a rubber mallet.
  15. Step 18
    DIY replacement of Strut Mount on HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate 2.4 i (CW2) 2022 is not an issue anymore with our step-by-step tutorial
    Detach the shock absorber fork from the shock strut. Use a flat metal-working chisel. Use a hammer.
  16. Step 19
    How to change Strut Mount on Honda Accord Estate mk8 2008 - free PDF and video manuals
    Unscrew the top fastening of the shock strut mount. Use a drive socket #14. Use a ratchet wrench.
    AUTODOC recommends:
    Important! Hold the suspension strut while unscrewing the fastening bolts. HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate
  17. Step 20
    How to replace HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) 2009 Strut Mount - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Support the arm. Use a hydraulic transmission jack.
  18. Step 21
    Honda Accord Estate mk8 2.0 i (CW1) 2010 Strut Mount replacement: free workshop manuals
    Disconnect the brake hose mounting bracket. Use a drive socket #12. Use a ratchet wrench.
  19. Step 22
    Changing Strut Mount on HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate 2.0 i 2011 by yourself
    Remove the suspension strut.
  20. Step 23
    How to remove HONDA ACCORD 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) 2012 Strut Mount - online easy-to-follow instructions
    Set the shock absorber strut on the spring compressor tool.
    Replacement: strut mount – HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate. Professionals recommend:
    Note that when using a spring compressor, spring coils need to be securely gripped, compressing the spring on the opposite sides.Ensure the correct position of the spring in the retainer.Make sure that the spring coils tightly entered the lock handles.
  21. Step 24
    How to replace Strut Mount on HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate 2013: download PDF manuals and video instructions
    Compress the spring.
  22. Step 25
    How hard is it to do yourself: Strut Mount replacement on Honda Accord Estate mk8 2.4 i (CW2) 2014 - download illustrated guide
    Remove the strut piston rod nut. Use a combination spanner #14. Use HEX No.H6. Use a ratchet wrench.
  23. Step 26
    Need to know how to renew Strut Mount on HONDA ACCORD 2015? This free workshop manual will help you to do it yourself
    Remove the top strut mount. Use a crowbar.
  24. Step 27
    Changing of Strut Mount on Honda Accord Estate mk8 2016 won't be an issue if you follow this illustrated step-by-step guide
    Treat the fasteners of the shock strut mount. Use WD-40 spray.
    Replacement: strut mount – HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate. AUTODOC experts recommend:
    Examine the shock absorber dust cap and the bump stop. Replace them if necessary.
  25. Step 28
    HONDA ACCORD 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) Strut Mount replacement: online guides and video tutorials
    Install the upper strut mount and the strut mount bearing.
  26. Step 29
    Replacing Strut Mount on Honda Accord Estate mk8 2018 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) by yourself
    Tighten the shock strut piston rod nut. Use a combination spanner #17. Use HEX No.H6. Use a torque wrench. Tighten it to 29 Nm torque.
    Replacement: strut mount – HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate. AUTODOC recommends:
    Check to make sure the spring is positioned correctly. Avoid its misalignment.
  27. Step 30
    ACCORD VIII Estate 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) 2019 Strut Mount DIY replacement workshop manual
    Decompress the spring.
  28. Step 31
    How to change Strut Mount on HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate 2020 - tips and tricks
    Remove the assembled shock strut.
Was this manual helpful?
Please rate this manual on a scale from 1 to 5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us.
Users voted – 0
Your profile is your personal assistant.

It can track car expenses, keep a car log and replacement schedule, and save favourite materials, notes and documents

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!
Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.
HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate Strut Mount replace by yourself - Scan QR-code and download AUTODOC CLUB app
Scan

To download the app:

• - scan the QR code
  • - download from App Store
  • - download from Google Play
DIY HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate Strut Mount replacement - online guide
Tips & tricks for your HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate
View more
  • How to change Strut mount on HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate 2.4 i (CW2) - replacement tricks
    How to polish an old engine valve cover to a shiny finish | AUTODOC Tips
  • Changing Top mount Honda Accord Estate mk8 2.2 i-DTEC (CW3) - Replacement Tips
    Top 5 mistakes when buying car parts
  • Maintenance Hacks - HONDA ACCORD VIII Estate 2.0 i (CW1) Top strut mount replacement guide
    How to check your head gasket | AUTODOC
  • Replace Top mounts on Honda Accord Estate mk8 - free video tips
    TOP 8 mistakes car owners make | AUTODOC tips