8 secrets to longer engine life
- Regularly check your engine oil level.
A lack of oil in the system causes abrasive wear of engine parts.
- Change your engine oil and filter according to the prescribed schedule.
Over time, the lubricant gets contaminated and loses its properties.
Be aware: aggressive driving causes your engine oil to degrade twice as fast.
- Maintain the engine operating temperature.
Overheating and warming up too slowly can both be harmful to the engine.
- Check that all sensors are functioning properly.
Their incorrect readings could result in engine breakdown.
- Change the air filter regularly.
Dirt in the air entering the engine can destroy it.
- Don’t use worn spark plugs.
This puts extra strain on your engine, and causes spark knock.
- Regularly check the valvetrain parts.
A bad belt or tensioner can cause low compression in the cylinders.
- Use high-quality fuel.
This will help reduce carbon deposits in the combustion chambers and extend the service life of your fuel system.