AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / MG / White smoke coming from the exhaust pipe

Back to topics

White smoke coming from the exhaust pipe
MG MGF (RD) 1,8 i VVC (118 kw / 160 hp) (10.2001 - 03.2002)

• @Pureet Jun 16, 2020

For the last couple of weeks I see white smoke coming from the exhaust system. The smoke gets stronger and thicker every next time I start the engine, what could it be?

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @matkovska Jun 16, 2020

White smoke coming from the exhaust pipe when the engine is hot can be caused by the coolant getting into the cylinders. The coolant has no sufficient time to completely evaporate when the fuel burns out. This results in a rather thick white smoke. The coolant can get into the cylinders through the damaged gasket or cracks in the cylinder head or cylinder block.

• MG MG 6 Hatchback 1.9 DTi
    @user_390173 Jun 12, 2021
    Hi most probably the Head Gasket blown, due to Water Pump failure. You can get a good Kit of parts for this, but you may need a friendly Mechanic.
  • @Pokeed60 Jun 21, 2021

AJUSA engine gasket kit 50151300, water pump with HEPU gasket P045, it is better to contact a specialized service before ordering to identify the problem.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon