AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / TOYOTA / Timing chain position

Back to topics

Timing chain position
TOYOTA TownAce Minibus (R40, R50)

• @user_1647990 Jun 03, 2023
    Hi, first time poster, I’m broken down far from home, Toyota townace 2000 kr42, needed new timing chain badly, I can not find the cam mark or how to line it up. Does anyone explain and send picture or can I use distributer position pointing at number 1 lead directly and set crank to top dead centre to get me home?
    I’m broke and machanic wants cash to tell me. Can you please help?
    Thankyou

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @user_1647990 Jun 03, 2023
    I can not get into the sites tutorials on subject and the attached is all I can find on the net for free but it doesn’t look like my engine, I have a large chain cog at top on side (cam I guess) no marking except a 0 on it and a small chain cog on main shaft, the head has push rods connecting to rockers. Please any idea how to find marks or where a free manual is on line? 
  • @ashwaganda Nov 20, 2023
    Hey everyone, I’m in a bit of a bind with my Toyota TownAce 2000 KR42. The timing chain needs replacing, and I’m struggling to align it correctly. Does anyone have insights on aligning the cam mark, or can I rely on the distributor position and crank setting?

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon