AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / CITROËN / Starter motor possible problem

Back to topics

Starter motor possible problem
CITROËN XSARA PICASSO (N68)

• @user_1287715 Dec 12, 2022
    I drove into the xcountry, no problem, did shopping and then my 2009 citroen picasso xsara suddenly wouldn’t start. Nothing just a click. So I thought starter motor or battery. Battery unlikely as I went for long drive the day before. When key removed the battery warning light stayed on (it went after 10 minutes or so). I also got economy mode flashing up on dashboard. Recovery man came and tested battery which appeared to be all right. So, the starter motor was the problem.We bumped the car, it started and I got home. Tried to start it but same problem. It was on the road for a day whilst I checked my options – all too expensive for me (pensioner retired) This afternoon turned the key and it started!  Obviously a little nervous of going anywhere in cvase problem resurfaces. Canm starter motors have a glitch and then return to normal? Any thoughts/advice most welcome.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Begavis Dec 15, 2022
    Yes, there may be a problem with the starter, and there may be a problem with the ignition switch. I think you can’t do without a correct diagnosis and it’s better to contact the service.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon