Back to topics

Interior Heating
CITROËN C3 Picasso

• @user_2148318 Jan 13, 2024

C3 Picasso 2011. Is there a heating element? The interior is
    not heating until the engine is really hot and then I get a small amount of
    warmth. Garage says there is no element as it uses a second radiator, and that
    required flushing, but it was clean. Then they changed thermostat and housing
    in being the last option. When I collected it, I was told it was 100% better. There
    is no difference, it is still blowing cold.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Versuffe Jan 15, 2024
    Perhaps a problem with the heater housing or with the flaps that regulate warm and cold air in it?
  • @user_2148318 Jan 15, 2024

The garage replaced the thermostat and now I get a little
    warmth but only having driven 20+ miles. I asked again at the garage and they
    checked the heater housing and moved the flaps. Now claiming they have checked
    everything, but I do not have any heat to defrost, or keep the interior more
    than just warm, so wearing a thick coat. Now told I can buy a heater that plugs
    into the lighter socket, but that is not fixing the issue.

• @Versuffe @user_2148318 Jan 15, 2024
      I think that there could be the air left in the system, which is why the interior does not heat up. If everything was fine before the replacement, then let the mechanic figure out what he did wrong, maybe he connected something wrong or there is air in the system.
  • @user_2148318 Jan 15, 2024

The heater issue began some 15 months ago and I went through

last winter with a small amount of warmth once the engine was hot. This winter there
    was no heat at all. The thermostat was changed and I now have limited warmth
    from the engine, but nothing more. The garage says it has checked everything.
    They have sold may C3 Picassos with no heating issues.

• @Chout1964 @user_2148318 Jan 16, 2024
      The problem may be in a clogged radiator, or in the resistor, as well as may not work the flaps that change the cold and hot air flows
  • @user_2148318 Jan 16, 2024
    The garage has checked the radiator and were able to move the flaps. I don’t know about the resistor, but they have diagnostic software. They claim to have checked everything. It must be something as I do not have any heat, other than when the engine is hot and it is then warm.
  • @user_2148318 Jan 18, 2024

Would the Citroen dealership have more advanced
    diagnostics than the local garage who have Citroen software?

• @Wastfultaint @user_2148318 Jan 19, 2024
      Of course, the dealership has better diagnostic equipment and they also have all sorts of descriptions for troubleshooting, it’s worth contacting them

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon