AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / CITROËN / Engine fault: stop vehicle

Back to topics

Engine fault: stop vehicle
CITROËN C4 CACTUS

• @user_1176583 Oct 02, 2022

Hello all. 

I’m having an issue with my wife’s car, it’s a 1.6 diesel c4 cactus (2016). I’ll give you the back story. Her battery was dead (was on the way out for a while). So her and a neighbour tried to jump start it and then the “engine fault: stop vehicle” sign came up. When I got home I changed the battery and the sign was still there. The car was turning over but it would not start. 

I then plugged my code reader in and got 2 codes:

P0003- fuel volume regulator control circuit low

P0245- turbocharger waste gate solenoid. 

I’ve done a few tests and the engine definitely is not getting any fuel. I have no idea where the fuel volume regulator is. 

I’m assuming something has blown from when they tried to jump start the car? The fuses are all fine. Could it be a relay? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you 

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• CITROËN C4 Picasso II 1.2 THP 130
    @user_1183922 Oct 07, 2022
    I have a Citroen c4 Picasso 2017 and stop warning comes on when first starting from cold and then goes , occasionally I get a  low oil pressure warning come up but then clears.
    The RAC have looked er it but said they couldn’t find any problems.
    My local garage had a look also they changed the oil and filter but still doing the same .
    Any ideas ?
    • @Sadied @user_1183922 Oct 12, 2022
      I would recommend checking whether the engine oil and its viscosity were correctly selected, I would also advise checking the condition of the oil pan for its deformation so that it does not block the oil intake, and check the operation of the pressure sensor and a cold start check with a pressure gauge what oil pressure.
  • @Twelord Oct 12, 2022
    The fuel pressure regulator is installed on the injection pump itself, try to replace only it first, and read the error codes again if they remain.
  • @user_2039613 Nov 29, 2023

SAME exact thing happened to me!!

Same year, same issues with the batteries!
    Did you find out how to fix it? 

Or do you know maybe how big the issue is?

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon