AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / AUDI / q7 electrical problem

Back to topics

q7 electrical problem
AUDI Q7 (4LB)

• @user_1773635 Jul 30, 2023

will try not to be to long winded, purchased a 2013 Q7 8 weeks ago, no problems for 3 weeks loved the car. Drove 20 miles into town parked went shopping 2hrs, came back car was completely dead, nothing would work, called AA out and they jump started the cat { no problem} said battery was dead needed new battery. garage fitted new battery and all week no problem. drove to daughters house approx. 25 miles parked came out 2hrs later same issue, no power at all, no central locking lights radio etc., as if the battery was disconnected. back to garage guy kept it and used it for 2 days testing it intermitteredly .No issue for next 10 days then pulled up at traffic lights and lost all power, no dash lights, no Hazzard lights, key would not come out of ignition just dead. had a battery booster and attached that started no problem and now all ok ?????????

guy at the garage suggested something to do with earth ?

don’t want to take to Audi for them to say they can not find the problem and charge me the earth.

any thoughts would be most welcome. 

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Didet1952 Aug 02, 2023

I recommend making diagnostics and reading errors from the control units, it happens that the control unit of the energy regulation system fails and after its replacement the problem disappears and the battery does not sit anymore.

• AUDI Q7 (4L) 3.6 FSI quattro
      @CowedbrakerQ7 @Didet1952 Jan 01, 2024
      Hi would you be talking about the BCM which seats on driver side under seat the black box ? I am having a similar issue myself, with also a terminal 50 circuit fault. would you happen to know what the complete terminal circuit would be? i own the 1st gen 4L 2007 Audi Q7 V6 3.6L Premium suv version. 
    • @Didet1952 @CowedbrakerQ7 Jan 02, 2024
      Unfortunately, I am not able to provide a complete diagram and more accurate information.
      @CowedbrakerQ7 @Didet1952 Jan 10, 2024
      @Didet1952 Hi, this is Tyrone. I have read your response here : I
      recommend making diagnostics and reading errors from the control units,
      it happens that the control unit of the energy regulation system fails
      and after its replacement the problem disappears and the battery does
      not sit anymore.

Am i correct that what your saying is the 2007 Audi Q7 3.6L vehicle’s BCM which mounts under driver seat is the culprit ? I must change that module your referencing thereby returning the vehicle energy back into full proper use given the features my premium package Quattro has ? I am aware that under such constraints the vehicle system will begin shutting down components in effort to conserve energy/ power to be able to start the vehicle up. I will try that procedure see what happens.

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE REAR SEAT FUEL PUMPS AND FUEL FILTERS ? I DISCOVERED FEW DAYS BEFORE THE SNOW BEGAN TO FALL WHILE I WAS CHECKING THE 2 PUMPS AND FILTERS THERE. THE DRIVER SIDE REAR TOP FILTER OR SENDING UNIT IM NOT SURE WHAT THEY REFER TO THEM AS BEING SO I CALL THEM FILTERS. THE DRIVER SIDE TOP IS OK ALL THREE (3) OF THE CONNECTORS WERE PRESENT, 2 QUICK RELEASE CONNECTORS 1 BEING STRAIGHT OTHER 90 DEGREE TYPE AND 1 BIG MALE TO FEMALE CONNECTOR. 

THE RIGHT REAR TOP FILTER WAS MISSING THE STRAIGHT QUICK RELEASE CONNECTOR AND THE HOSE AS WELL. I AM NOT EVEN CLEAR UPON WHERE THE HOSE EVEN ROUTES FROM NOR WHERE IT IS CONNECTED TO FROM THE WAY THE AUDI Q7 FUEL PUMPS FUEL HOSES ARE ROUTED FROM ONE SIDE TO THE OTHER. I KNOW THE ONE HOSE MUST BE DISCONNECTED IN ORDER TO PULL THE ONE SIDE FUEL PUMP OUT COMPLETELY FOR NEW INSTALL OF NEW PUMP. SEND ME YOUR EMAIL SO I CAN SEND YOU PICS OF THE AREA WHAT I HAVE THERE…I THINK IT WAS TAMPERED WITH WHILE AT MY UNCLE HOUSE IN DRIVEWAY THE WINTER OF 2022. HERE IS EMAIL YOU CAN MESSAGE ME AT WHERE I CAN SEND YOU THE PICS I TOOK OF MY VEHICLE FUEL TANK FUEL PUMPS CURRENTLY IN VEHICLE ITS: [email protected] 
    @CowedbrakerQ7 Jan 10, 2024
    What was your outcome from having the ground / earth issue with your Audi Q7 vehicle ? I ask because i am experiencing a similar issue as you have had or may still be dealing with here thank you. [email protected] any pics diagram of wiring what to check where precisely located for all the earth ground points on the Audi Q7 would be greatly appreciated. with pictures and explaining what steps to take and to do.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon