AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / NISSAN / Nissan serena 2006 ,HELP! C25-119800

Back to topics

Nissan serena 2006 ,HELP! C25-119800
NISSAN SERENA (C25)

• @user_1603433 May 13, 2023
    I would like to ask for your help in diagnosing the problem on this car. It’s been a few days since I arrived in NZ and bought a car. I wanted to have it checked in Akl by a mechanic before the purchase, but every service station was busy, so I trusted that the car would be fine. Because now I know it’s just bullshit. Every time after approx. 30-40 minutes of driving (depending on the terrain) the sound of the engine starts to be accompanied by something like a whine and the engine loses power and I would say that even the gearbox falls asleep with the gears. There is an automatic cvt transmission. I have already changed the oil and filters in the gearbox and the problem persists. First I drove for about an hour and then a huge hill and I had to stop and wait for it to rest. See the videos below. Local mechanics charge a lot of money and it’s hard to explain the problem to them, because it really happens after a long drive. Does anyone have any idea what it could be or what to check?
     Thank you very much for any advice and help or I will provide some information about the car
    Videios with the issue

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Acits1993 May 25, 2023
    Sounds like a problem with the gearbox or speed reducer. I would recommend finding a good mechanic to check everything.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon