Back to topics

M.A.P sensor
DAIHATSU SIRION (M3_)

• @user_503083 Aug 09, 2021
    Hi Guys, 
    I have caused an electrical short between the M.A.P sensor and the live terminal on the battery. 
    Stupid mistake I know. 
    The car now does not want to start I have taken it to my local auto electricians and they claim that they cannot find the problem let alone rectify it. 
    I have now purchased a new map sensor out of desperation and should be receiving tomorrow. 
    I just want to know if the Map sensor is blown would this cause it not to start? 
    Please can you assist. 

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Anna Johnson Aug 11, 2021
    AUTODOC expert

It is very difficult to give any advice on the description, you need a good electrician, there can be many reasons.
    The best advice we can give is to check all the fuses, perhaps the sensor itself was not damaged, and maybe the fuse responsible for the plus going to this sensor was damaged.Also, if the car does not start, first of all, look to see if there is a spark on the candles when starting and fuel is supplied
    you can hear if the pump is working, there should be a humming noise.

• @user_828130 Feb 18, 2022

I have a Daihatsu Sirion 11 M300 1.3 petrol automatic,
    registered in 2008, the ABS warning light and the handbrake warning light on
    the dashboard will not go out. So far I have had the car to the mechanic who
    looks after it and a local, well established auto electrician, near to where I
    live, they could not diagnose the fault because they did not have the correct
    diagnostic tool, I then took it to a Daihatsu dealer who told me that, after
    reading the error codes, it needed a new ABS pump, which I duly bought (880 GP
    pounds) they fitted the pump and they told me that 2 error codes had
    disappeared but the error codes for the rear wheels were still there, codes
    CO215 CO210 are still showing. I have bought from Autodoc two rear axle
    bearings with sensor as per the website relevant search, these have now been
    fitted and the fault is still there, my mechanic and the auto electrician are
    at a loss, as am I, there is continuity from all the wirings from wheels to ABS
    ECU, we have a reading from both front wheel of 1.10 and a lesser reading of 0.895
    from both rear wheel, when rotated, there has been a ”blink” test performed and
    the car was run at the required speed and the lights are still on. Can anybody
    help me resolve this problem, incidentally the interior courtesy lights have
    stopped working as well at the same time, and all fuses have been checked.

Below is part of the report from the Daihastu dealer and
    their suggestions,

New ABS pump fitted. After setting new ABS pump to normal
    operating mode and clearing codes again,

C0215 and C0210 error codes come back on. Possibility of
    readings not high enough for normal operation.

Suspect needs new ABS wires fitted to eliminate possible
    wire fault, NOT FITTED, if no better

need rear hub and bearings fitting.   NOW FITTED

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon