Back to topics

ABS issues
DAIHATSU SIRION (M3_)

• @user_828130 Feb 19, 2022

have a Daihatsu Sirion 11 M300 1.3 petrol automatic,
    registered in 2008, the ABS warning light and the handbrake warning light on
    the dashboard will not go out. So far I have had the car to the mechanic who
    looks after it and a local, well established auto electrician, near to where I
    live, they could not diagnose the fault because they did not have the correct
    diagnostic tool, I then took it to a Daihatsu dealer who told me that, after
    reading the error codes, it needed a new ABS pump, which I duly bought (880 GP
    pounds) they fitted the pump and they told me that 2 error codes had
    disappeared but the error codes for the rear wheels were still there, codes
    CO215 CO210 are still showing. I have bought from Autodoc two rear axle
    bearings with sensor as per the website relevant search, these have now been
    fitted and the fault is still there, my mechanic and the auto electrician are
    at a loss, as am I, there is continuity from all the wirings from wheels to ABS
    ECU, we have a reading from both front wheel of 1.10 and a lesser reading of 0.895
    from both rear wheel, when rotated, there has been a ”blink” test performed and
    the car was run at the required speed and the lights are still on. Can anybody
    help me resolve this problem, incidentally the interior courtesy lights have
    stopped working as well at the same time, and all fuses have been checked.

Below is part of the report from the Daihastu dealer and
    their suggestions,

New ABS pump fitted. After setting new ABS pump to normal
    operating mode and clearing codes again,

C0215 and C0210 error codes come back on. Possibility of
    readings not high enough for normal operation.

Suspect needs new ABS wires fitted to eliminate possible
    wire fault, NOT FITTED, if no better

need rear hub and bearings fitting.   NOW FITTED

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @user_1136857 Sep 05, 2022
    Hi Mate
    I have the same problem have you been able to fix it?
    • @user_1359387 @user_1136857 Jan 22, 2023
      Hi,  did any of you guys get anywhere with that ABS problem on the Sirion ?  Im struggling even to obtain the two rear sensors / wires funnily enough this car has no interior courtesy light either but Im not sure if this was prior to the ABS problem 
    • @user_2371621 @user_1359387 Mar 27, 2024
      HI,
      I have been having this same problem with a Sirion.
      Finally solved it!
      New rear sensors/wheel bearings and second hand ABS module fitted and no different.
      After many hours of checking and re checking wiring connectors at sides of rear seat etc.
      I decided to check wiring all the way back to ECU module, I found that the side connector block in the passenger footwell (under interior fuse box area) had corrosion in both connectors (pins were green and had obviously got wet/damp.
      Cleaned everything up and turned on ignition to find rear sensor faults corrected and ABS light + HANDBRAKE light went out!
      Cleared the two fault codes relating to rear sensors and no more problems since 😂😁

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon