AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / BMW / Issues with BMW X3 2015 – Transmission Warning, Strange Smell, and Gear Shifting Delay

Back to topics

Issues with BMW X3 2015 – Transmission Warning, Strange Smell, and Gear Shifting Delay
BMW X3 (F25)

• @user_1942503 Oct 19, 2023
    I hope you’re all doing well. I am reaching out to this community hoping someone might have experienced similar issues with their BMW X3 and can offer some advice or insights.
    Car Model: BMW X3 2015
    Issues I’m Facing:
    Transmission Warning Sign: Recently, the transmission warning sign was illuminated on my dashboard. I haven’t noticed any specific triggers for this, but it has me concerned.

Strange Smell: Along with the warning sign, I’ve started to notice a peculiar smell inside the car. I can’t pinpoint exactly where it’s coming from, but it seems somewhat like a burnt odor.

Delay in Gear Shifting: The car is experiencing a noticeable delay when shifting gears. The delay isn’t consistent, but it’s definitely more frequent than before.
    I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on possible causes or recommend the next steps. I’m trying to gather some information before I take it to a mechanic so I can have a more informed discussion.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon