AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / BMW / bmw red car on lift symbol – what to do?

Back to topics

bmw red car on lift symbol – what to do?
BMW 2000-3200 (E9) Coupe

• @Histeland Apr 06, 2021

Hey guys, I’ve got a BMW E90 318i and I’ve reset the service intervals after doing a brake fluid and oil change.

Now the car on a lift warning light is coming on when I start the car, without any other symbols or text, and the handbrake ‘!’ is always lit. I did diagnostics and it didn’t turn up any fault codes. Anyone know what causes the BMW red car on lift symbol and how to fix it?

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Thavan Apr 08, 2021

I’d say it’s probably connected to having changed the brake fluid.

The red car on the lift icon means ‘vehicle check’ and together with the exclamation mark could point to a problem with the brakes. Could you have accidentally triggered one of the brake pad wear sensors when you were changing the brake fluid?

• @Sooks1940 Apr 08, 2021

The same thing happened to me the first time I serviced my car after buying it.
    The warning lights stopped after I replaced the front and rear brake pad sensors

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon