AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / TOYOTA / catalytic converter of my AYGO 2011 replaced

Back to topics

catalytic converter of my AYGO 2011 replaced
TOYOTA AYGO (WNB1_, KGB1_)

• @user_1728316 Jul 11, 2023

A few months ago, I had to get the catalytic converter of my AYGO 2011 replaced. The garage installed one for me, but it was from another Toyota. As a result, a warning light came on, although the garage assured me that this was normal. However, I recently took my car for an MOT, and it failed due to high emissions. The garage claims that the issue is not related to the catalytic converter, but I’m not entirely sure. Can anyone offer any help?

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Torned Jul 13, 2023
    Why on Earth did you agree to get it from another car? You could have looked for catalytic converter designed for your car. I believe this is the problem, so you should replace it with the proper one that suits your car
  • @ashwaganda Nov 21, 2023
    I’m curious to hear your thoughts on whether the high emissions issue could be directly related to using a catalytic converter from a different model. Your insights and experiences would be really valuable in understanding this situation better.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon