Back to topics

Boot Lock
SKODA SUPERB (3T4)

• SKODA SUPERB (3T4) 2.0 TDI
    @user_2003084 Nov 14, 2023
    Hi
    I’ve got a problem with the boot lock on my skoda Superb.
    This worked fine until a few months ago when it started popping up while driving along.  It didn’t fully open  but seemed to be held by some sort of safety mechanism after opening about 15 mm.
    I obtained a replacement lock and asked a local garage to install it.  Unfortunately the replacement lock fitted fine but was electrically incompatible with my car and also did not hold the boot down properly.
    I’ve now decided to fit a new lock which I’ve purchased from Autodoc myself. 
    I have also reinstalled my original lock.  This works electrically just fine but of course still doesn’t hold the lid down properly.  However the garage does seem to have made an adjustment to the bar that pulls the lock shut.  They have moved about 5mm to the left from the position it was originally.
    My question to the forum is how do I move this bay in a lateral direction.  I can’t see how to adjust this  bar.  I could supply a photo but I am unable to find way t do this.
    Any help gratefully received.
    Peter Moran

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Hordich83 Nov 15, 2023
    You need to loosen the 2 bolts that hold the guide and move it, then tighten the bolts and that’s it

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon