AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / CITROËN / berlingo 1.6 hdi diesel engine cut out

Back to topics

berlingo 1.6 hdi diesel engine cut out
CITROËN BERLINGO Box (B9)

• @user_1525311 Apr 12, 2023
    Hi Autodoc forum,
    I’m new here. This is my vans recent history abridged + the current symptoms…
    I wonder if anyone can point me in the direction of source material / advise to discuss with my mechanic who is about to give up – where as I cannot afford another van — so feel repairs are the best way forwards.
    Current issue is that I MAY NEED another Starter motor as fuel from the fuel leak (pipe split) may have leaked into the unit over the last 4weeks since the leak was spotted.
    Please can anyone link me to some source material for whether my engine is Bosch or Seimens spec?
    2008 reg – (I think) mk2 — see links below. 190,000 miles 
    A brief history of recent issues:
    Van has an oil leak 4weeks ago.
    Fill up oil levels and keep an eye on it.
    Breaks down 3 days after.
    All power cutting from the engine in an instant. Dash lights on. Won’t turn over.
    Gets towed to mechanics.
    Diagnosies:
    Oil leak from 1 injector and seal + fuel leak from fuel pipe.
    Before these are replaced mechanic looked at fuel delivery system – fuel pump (top back of engine bay) and primed manually; bringing it back up to pressure. Engine turned over and idled for a short time.
    NEXT:
    Mechanic replaces both injector and seal + pipe. Takes for a test drive and engine cuts out.from here on it will no longer idle.
    There is an ODB fault code but mechanic can’t remember what it is…
    I asked if fuel line was bled of air after new part fitted. Mechanic says yes. of course.
    Now will not start. Mechanic thinks it could be the starter motor contaminated by fuel leaking into it as it’s situated below the leaking pipe that been replaced.
    Advise / source material request of you all:
    * what ways can we check its the starter motor before just buying another one?
    * What other checks are there to check the ‘system as a whole’ so that we have a better idea of engines health?
    * Has anyone had a similar issue with their 2008 berlingo?
    Thanks for your time and expertise when reading this and replying…
    Adam.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon