Back to topics

Am I been conned?!
SKODA ROOMSTER (5J)

• @user_2056591 Dec 07, 2023
    Three weeks ago my car just stopped working got it towed to a local garage who told me my engine was broken due to having no oil, agreed a price of £1500 to be reconditioned, said it would take at least a week. I popped in after a week to be told they’d lost my phone number and they had got it wrong, my engine is fine and there is oil in it, it’s my ECU. He said a second hand one no guarantee he reiterated no guarantee a few times would cost £940 fitted or o could buy a new one £1500 fitted. I said yes to the second hand one. 
    Went back this Monday and they said the code guy couldn’t code it in and it’s a broken ECU which id have to pay for, I said I’m not paying for a broken ECU, he said you agreed to it but what he will do is order me a new one and fit it and I won’t have to pay for broken one. I said no way, I want my car back.
    He rang me later to say they will pay for the broken ECU £380 themselves which leaves them out of pocket but as a good will gesture. He then said I owe them £550 for guy to code ECU, towing, and labour. 
    Thoughts please? I feel I’m being conned big time!

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon