AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / TOYOTA / A Terrible Experience at HIlls of Woodford Toyota

Back to topics

A Terrible Experience at HIlls of Woodford Toyota
TOYOTA

• @user_2038161 Nov 29, 2023

I have had the most terrible experience with this garage by being in hands of a lady called Clair Rogers.
    My Toyota Rav4 broke down driving for a mile after refuelling. Booked the appointment to drop the car with Hills on a Monday morning..hired the towing truck ..dropped the car at 9:30 am …phoned them bak at about 4:30 pm ..and NO ONE at Hills knew where the car was! A lady insisted that car has not been dropped…however at about 5pm they confirmed indeed it was with them. I was quoted £125 for a diagnosis and next day they confirmed that car had wrong fuel..Petrol instead of Diesel..will cost me £695 to rectify it..i.e. empty the tank..fill it with £30 diesel, and change Fuel filter to which I agreed. This is where the nightmare began..For next 2 weeks Clair Rogers came up with new lies everyday “Someone is looking at the car right now.. The tank was Full with wrong fuel so mechanic is taking out petrol little by little from the tank everyday…The tank has been dismantled..It is empty now..It has been refitted..Refuelled with diesel..which is flowing to the Fuel Injectors so pumps are fine and working …Must be the injectors..” After a few days the response: “Car does not start..All 4 injectors have gone..will cost £1700..but even after refitting new ones car may not start and might require more work” So now I decide to tow the car back. Made an appointment for last Monday.. but when I reached the garage with the tow truck ..I was made to wait for more than an hour..with no car in sight..Clair kept on telling me everything is on hands..(A nice lady receptionist is the witness ) Sent me to collection point where no one new about the collection! The guy at collection point was so rude that the Recovery Van man was astonished..(he also said this to the receptionist who made a note) Anyway after a few visits to the collection point the recovery guy had enough he was going to leave but I begged him to bear with me..Clair said an invoice will be given and payment will be take at that exit point..again no one there had any idea about this..In the end I came back to reception Clair went and got the invoice and card machine..paid all up…and wait for it..Clair said the injectors have been taken off..would you like them fitted back to the car??!! I had enough of this as I would expect the car in the same condition as I delivered it..At the fear of Recovery Guy walking off on me..I said leave the injectors out ..and give them to me..Back to the collection point..finally car was given back..to the recovery man with ALL 4 Fuel Injectors and various bits on the car floor in front of front passenger seat..no bag..no paper..just on the floor..I apologise for the long rant..but would I ever trust them?? Would I ever go back to them?? Not in a million years.

Date of experience: 27 November 2023

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon