When to replace the Poly V-Belt on your SEAT IBIZA
Recommended replacement interval for the part category Serpentine belt : 30000 km
Important!
This replacement procedure can be used for:
SEAT Ibiza II (6K1) 1.4 i, SEAT Ibiza II (6K1) 1.9 TDI, SEAT Ibiza II (6K1) 1.9 TDI, SEAT Ibiza II (6K1) 1.9 SDI View more

The steps may slightly vary depending on the car design.

This video shows the replacement procedure of a similar car part on another vehicle

All the parts you need to replace – Poly V-Belt for Ibiza II (6K1) and other SEAT models
How to change Serpentine belt on Seat Ibiza 6k 1.4 i – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Serpentine belt
How to change V-Ribbed Belt Set on Seat Ibiza 6k 1.4 i – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
V-Ribbed Belt Set
How to change Water Pump + V-Ribbed Belt Kit on Seat Ibiza 6k 1.4 i – step-by-step instructions for straightforward car repair
Water Pump + V-Ribbed Belt Kit
Tools
Replacement: serpentine belt – SEAT IBIZA II (6K1). Tools you might need:
Combination spanner #16
Torx bit T25
Fender cover
Replacement: serpentine belt – SEAT IBIZA II (6K1). AUTODOC experts recommend:
  • All work should be done with the engine stopped.
Replacement: serpentine belt – SEAT IBIZA II (6K1). Use the following procedure:
  1. Step 1
    Open the hood.
    Step 2
    Use a fender protection cover to prevent damaging paintwork and plastic parts of the car.
    Step 3
    Lift the car using a jack or place it over an inspection pit.
    Step 4
    How to change Poly V-Belt on Seat Ibiza 6k 1993 - free PDF and video manuals
    Unscrew and remove the wheel arch cover fasteners. Use Torx T25.
  2. Step 5
    How to replace SEAT Ibiza II (6K1) 1.4 i 1994 Poly V-Belt - step-by-step manuals and video guides
    Remove the wheel arch cover.
  3. Step 6
    Seat Ibiza 6k 1.9 TDI 1995 Poly V-Belt replacement: free workshop manuals
    Pull aside the V-ribbed belt tensioner pulley. Use a combination spanner #16.
  4. Step 7
    Changing Poly V-Belt on SEAT Ibiza II (6K1) 1.8 T 20V Cupra 1996 by yourself
    Remove the V-ribbed belt.
    AUTODOC recommends:
    Check the condition of the tensioner pulley and idler pulley. Replace them if necessary.
  5. Step 8
    How to remove SEAT IBIZA 2.0 i 16V 1997 Poly V-Belt - online easy-to-follow instructions
    Return the tensioner pulley to its initial position.
  6. Step 9
    How to replace Poly V-Belt on SEAT Ibiza II (6K1) 1998: download PDF manuals and video instructions
    Install the V-ribbed belt.
    Replacement: serpentine belt – SEAT IBIZA II (6K1). Professionals recommend:
    Make sure that the V-ribbed belt fits all pulleys snugly. Make sure that the V-ribbed belt is properly tensioned.
  7. Step 10
    How hard is it to do yourself: Poly V-Belt replacement on Seat Ibiza 6k 1.4 16V 1999 - download illustrated guide
    Pull aside the V-ribbed belt tensioner pulley. Use a combination spanner #16.
  8. Step 11
    Need to know how to renew Poly V-Belt on SEAT IBIZA 2000? This free workshop manual will help you to do it yourself
    Place the V-ribbed belt on the tensioner pulley.
Was this manual helpful?
Please rate this manual on a scale from 1 to 5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us.
Users voted – 0
Your profile is your personal assistant.

It can track car expenses, keep a car log and replacement schedule, and save favourite materials, notes and documents

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!
Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.
SEAT Ibiza II (6K1) Poly V-Belt replace by yourself - Scan QR-code and download AUTODOC CLUB app
Scan

To download the app:

• - scan the QR code
  • - download from App Store
  • - download from Google Play
DIY SEAT Ibiza II (6K1) Poly V-Belt replacement - online guide
Tips & tricks for your SEAT Ibiza II (6K1)
View more
  • How to change Alternator belt on SEAT Ibiza II (6K1) 1.9 SDI - replacement tricks
    How to check your head gasket | AUTODOC
  • Changing Auxiliary belt Seat Ibiza 6k 1.4 i - Replacement Tips
    How to remove scratches from car plastic | AUTODOC tips
  • Maintenance Hacks - SEAT Ibiza II (6K1) 1.9 TDI Poly V-belt replacement guide
    4 reasons why your CHECK ENGINE light is on | AUTODOC tips
  • Replace Drive belt on Seat Ibiza 6k - free video tips
    Things you should never do with an automatic transmission | AUTODOC tips