AUTODOC FORUM / Car part discussions by brand / MANN-FILTER / Which is better – Mann or Bosch oil filters

Back to topics

Which is better – Mann or Bosch oil filters

• @Liffavy Apr 02, 2021

I imagine it’s just a matter of personal preference really, but would you recommend a Mann or Bosch oil filter?

I’m looking to get a fuel and oil filter for my BMW 323 E36.

Looking at Autodoc, in order of cheapest, it goes Ridex, Mann, Bosch. I’ve used Ridex ones before, never had Mann and I don’t really like Bosch.
    There’s usually only £4 difference in price at most between the oil filters so that’s not a big issue, although I suppose it could end up being a fair bit more with all the filters and fluids.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Eartherry79 Apr 06, 2021

I always use Mann filters and I’ve been perfectly happy with them so far.

• @Evesuselet Apr 06, 2021

I’ve used them all on my BMW over the past four years I’ve had it, usually once a year. On other cars I’ve had I only used Mann filters since they’re popular generally. Then I tried Mahle, which is the OE brand, then I used Bosch, and now have Ridex ones. They’re really all the same as far as I’m concerned. With the more expensive ones, you’re just paying for snazzier packaging. The original filter will have been a Mahle, the same as with the fuel and pollen filters.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon