AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / VW / vw key fob not working after battery replacement – any fixes?

Back to topics

vw key fob not working after battery replacement – any fixes?
VW POLO (9N_)

• @Saidemn Apr 07, 2021

Does anyone have any experience with a VW key fob not working after battery replacement?

I have a 2003 VW Polo and the battery in the key fob went dead. It had been working fine but suddenly I wasn’t able to lock my car remotely and the red light on the key wasn’t coming on anymore. I changed the battery and now the red light comes on, but the fob won’t lock or unlock the car remotely. It still works manually to lock, unlock, and start the car. I re-synced the key fob according to the instructions in the owner’s manual but it’s still not working remotely. Does anyone know what I can do to get it working again?

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Thaturesce Apr 09, 2021

What was the re-sync procedure in the manual? Mine has: press the lock or unlock button down for around 1 second, then manually lock or unlock the vehicle, and the system should work. This worked for me but if it didn’t work for you you’ll need to have it reprogrammed using a diagnostic tool.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon