AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / VW / 7 speed dsg gearbox problems – what to do?

Back to topics

7 speed dsg gearbox problems – what to do?
VW GOLF VI (5K1)

• @Poetild Apr 06, 2021

Hey guys, looking for some advice on 7-speed DSG gearbox problems. About a month ago I bought a 2010 MKVI 1.6 Golf with a 7-speed DSG and mileage of 300,000. I’ve noticed it shifts hard when changing to 3rd. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Clual1954 Apr 09, 2021

Oh, that’s funny, because my wife has a 2010 1.6 Tdi that has a 7 speed DSG, and it’s just started having issues this week.

It’s gone into limp mode twice. Both times it deactivated again by itself. I took the car out for a drive to see if it would happen again and noticed the gear shifts weren’t as smooth as they used to be and there appeared to be a delay when shifting.

• @Delize Apr 14, 2021

Changing the oil should sort it out. Chances are it’s as simple as that!

• VW PASSAT Variant (3C5) 2.0 TDI 16V
    @user_350829 May 08, 2021
    I owned a 2013 2L petrol R line Tiguan with a DSG 7 speed and it started to produce an intermittent sound when coasting and changing into 5th gear. The sound was just like a mudflap touching the road for a fraction of a second. The vehicle had only covered 70 000 kilometres and this sound came early in it’s life and had been reported at the VW main dealer annual services without fail. No solution found and sold it when I left South Africa for the UK 

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon