Back to topics

Thermostat
MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER III (GG_W, GF_W, ZJ)

• MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER III (GG_W, GF_W, ZJ) 2.2 Di-D 4WD
    @user_717852 Dec 17, 2021
    Hello I’m looking to replace my thermostat but can’t seem to locate it on my engine, could someone please give me guidance on how to remove it please

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Exacked Dec 24, 2021
    Drain engine coolant
    Remove the decorative engine cover
    Remove the air filter, air duct, and air inlet hose
    Remove the 3 mounting bolts and move the thermostat cover together with the radiator hose to the side as far as the hose will allow
    On a 4B11 / 4B12 engine, the third bolt secures the wiring harness retainer connection.
    Using your hand to hold the retracted cover together with the radiator hose, remove the thermostat and O-ring.
    Install the new thermostat with the air valve at the top
    Note:
    Make sure that there is no oil on the rubber sealing ring of the thermostat.
    Be careful not to bend or scratch the O-ring during installation.
    If the rubber ring is damaged, replace the thermostat.
    Install the thermostat cover together with the radiator hose into place, tightening the bolts of its fastening to the nominal torque
    Note:
    Nominal tightening torque of the thermostat cover bolts: 4B11 and 4B12 engines – 24 ± 3 Nm (top and right bolts) / 11 ± 1 Nm (bottom bolt of the ground wire); 6B31 engine – 23 ± 6 Nm.
    Reinstall the remaining removed parts in the reverse order to remove.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon