Back to topics

Replacing starter
HYUNDAI GENESIS Coupe

• @user_1488134 Mar 26, 2023
    Hello all, hope you’re well. So I’ve got a ’11 genesis coupe 2.0T. I’m trying to replace the starter. In order to get the old one out and the new one in, it looks like I need to move the motor mount bracket. It has 4 14mm bolts. 2 on the left 2 on the right.  I cannot find a way to get to the bottom left hand side one. I’ve disconnected my radiator hose, the fuse box, a couple brackets, and a bunch of different wiring clips to try to gain access to the bolt, without any luck. The next thing I see will be my alternator that I need to move? Does anyone have any experience with this, that could tell me if there’s something I’m not doing, or something I need to do in order to be able to reach that last bolt? I’ve been at this for 3 days trying to figure out how to get to it. I just keep removing things in order to try to get access. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated 🙏🙂😊!!! 

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon