Back to topics

Replacing seats
AUDI A3 Hatchback (8V1, 8VK)

• AUDI A3 Sportback (8VA, 8VF) 1.6 TDI
    @user_1862026 Sep 13, 2023
    Hi! 
    I recently got into an accident and my passenger side curtain airbag went off as well as the passenger seat airbag. I was wondering if I replace the seat entirely would I need to do any sort of coding? 
    The company I’m trying to order the seat from told me I need to do something called an ECU reset which I have no idea what that is. 

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Abut1988 Sep 13, 2023
    Most likely they meant that you need to remove errors from the control unit.
  • @CallumHicks Sep 13, 2023

Yes, you may need to do coding or reprogramming when replacing the passenger seat after an accident, especially if it had airbags or occupancy sensors. Consult your vehicle’s manufacturer or a qualified technician for specific guidance.

• @CallumHicks Sep 14, 2023

Replacing the passenger seat after an airbag deployment typically requires coding or programming to ensure the new seat’s airbag system functions correctly. Consult with a qualified mechanic or dealership to properly install and code the replacement seat for safety reasons.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon