Back to topics

Misfiring Diesel
HYUNDAI ix35 (LM, EL, ELH)

• @user_2463956 Apr 24, 2024
    HI there
    My 1.7 diesel Ix35 was occasionally misfiring,this normally occurred a couple of miles into a journey and only lasted for 30 seconds or so before clearing, this eventually got worse and the day I took it to the garage it misfired all the way there, the garage ran diagnostics but no fault codes came up, I then removed the mass air flow sensor and cleaned it, the car then ran beautifully for a week or so before misfiring on a long shallow uphill section of the A1, thinking I must be in the right ballpark I have bought a new mass airflow sensor and air filter but the car still occasionally misfires,please help Marc

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Suppord1994 Apr 25, 2024
    Hello, my advice is to replace spark plugs. If this does not help, then during misfires you need to determine which cylinder is misfiring and replace the ignition coil.
    • @user_2463956 @Suppord1994 Apr 25, 2024
      Thanks for taking the time to reply, unfortunately I cannot take your advice as its a diesel car hence no spark plugs
      Thanks again Marc
    • @Suppord1994 @user_2463956 Apr 26, 2024
      Then most likely there are problems in the air-fuel system, or in the engine wiring. You need to check the mass air flow sensor connector. Have you checked its condition?
    • @user_2463956 @Suppord1994 Apr 30, 2024
      Hi there
      i have changed the mass air flow sensor and the problem has mostly gone away,it still occurs occasionally
      i didnt check the connector itself though
      thanks again

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon