Back to topics

Egr valve
HYUNDAI ix35 (LM, EL, ELH)

• HYUNDAI ix35 Van CRDi
    @user_1559449 Jul 24, 2023
    how easy is it to replace the Egr valve on my 2013 1.7 diesel IX35?

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Matived86 Jul 25, 2023
    I have a HYUNDAI ix35 2.0 diesel engine, removing and cleaning the EGR is not difficult, unscrew a few mounting bolts and everything is removed, I did not change the EGR but only cleaned it. well, I also cleaned the throttle, it was dirty. 
    I just decided to check them all and clean them, I think this will only extend their service life.
  • @user_1769246 Jul 28, 2023
    The amber warning light appeared on my Hyaundai i10 2018 1 litre.
    Using an OBD, the error was the EGR, so I removed it but found no problem. I cleaned it with some WD40.
    The light disappeared.
    2 weeks later, the light reappeared. This tim, I unplugged the EGR cable, started the engein, turned the engine off, replaced the cable, started the car and ran it up the road for 30 seconds.
    The light has disappeared.
    This looks like a computer error.
    btw The temperature warning light came on a few months after purchase, even the the temperature was normal. 3 years later, this went off.
    • @Lifeastrom @user_1769246 Aug 03, 2023
      Perhaps there is a problem with the wiring in the car. You better check it. I would recommend you to consult car mechanic.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon