AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / BMW / mini cooper obd port not working

Back to topics

mini cooper obd port not working
BMW M1 (E26)

• @Disid1945 Apr 06, 2021

Hey everyone, I’ve just got my first new-style mini (My last one before this was 1973 with a 1275 GT engine!)

It’s a chili red (don’t ask) mini one from late 2006 but still Generation 1.

The problem is the OBD port not working

It connects with the reader (I use Carly) but doesn’t communicate with it.

The ELM light and the engine management light come on and off again on startup.

The 12V cigarette lighter socket is getting power, through testing off it isn’t working at the moment. I’ll clean it to see if it helps.

The cover is missing from the fuse box so I don’t know which fuse is which and I can’t find the diagram for it online (f1-f40).

Does anyone know what could be wrong with my Mini Cooper’s OBD port?

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Fisittests Apr 08, 2021

The cigarette lighter port and auxiliary port fuses can all be connected to the old socket. You should test every fuse with a multimeter. I once spent ages trying to find the cause of a lack of voltage and when I finally went back over every fuse with a multimeter found that one was cracked even though it looked fine from the outside.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon