Back to topics

KYB spring reviews

• @Jusionly Aug 12, 2020

Can you tell me how long these springs last?

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Execonverve Aug 12, 2020

Drove 10,000 km on them, springs are great and hold up the car well. Most importantly, driving a car is as comfortable as it was with the genuine springs.

• @user_2213153 Feb 04, 2024

I would never fit KYB springs again! Please learn from my mistake. After noticing my original 10 year old springs were rusty and being aware of the danger of a spring failing I bought a pair of KYB springs from my local motor factors. My front suspension collapsed after 8500 miles, the spring still looked brand new but had spit in half. Just by chance this happened at low speed. I still shudder when I think that the previous day I had been driving on the A1. I contacted the supplier that I had bought the springs from as I had to have the car recovered, new springs fitted and a new tyre as the broken spring had damaged the inside sidewall. The supplier arranged for me to speak to the KYB rep about my concerns. The rep offered to credit me the cost of the replacement springs only they would not pay towards my other costs.
    I explained that I thought the springs were not fit for purpose and could have caused an accident. He was completely dismissive and refused any claim beyond the offer to refund my purchase price. If you fit KYB springs for a third party you better make sure you public liability insurance is up to date!
    The rep didn’t seem surprised about my report of the failure and this post proves I am not the only one to have suffered. Apart from the cost and inconvenience I could have been injured or worse!

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon