AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / PEUGEOT / intermittent grinding sound in Automatic when comming to a stop even with new set of brakes on all wheels

Back to topics

intermittent grinding sound in Automatic when comming to a stop even with new set of brakes on all wheels
PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_)

• PEUGEOT 208 I Hatchback (CA_, CC_) 1.2 PureTech 82
    @user_542136 Sep 02, 2021
    Hi All,
    I have an automatic 208 with 23k miles on the clock .
    Off late I am getting  grinding sound coming form the vehicle when coming to a stop or just before dead stop.
    The sound is intermittent in the sense on some days it comes and may be couple of times in a day. and on some days it just runs fine. I suspected the brakes but they are all new on the four.
    I  also found that there is  rubbing sound (metal rubbing) after a delay of few seconds after  the engine is turned off and the vehicle is parked.
    I jacked the car  one of the front wheel and turned the wheel by hand with the engine off.  I still get the kissing sound with a delay after the wheel have come to a stop.
    Any clue what it could be
    Thanks
    Bijoy

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon