AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / PEUGEOT / Advice on diagnosing a burnt or bent valve

Back to topics

Advice on diagnosing a burnt or bent valve
PEUGEOT 308 I Hatchback (4A_, 4C_)

• @user_2241567 Feb 14, 2024
    Hi im in serious help. I recently did my head and now the 1 cylender has compression issues. I ran it without the air box so im not sure if thats what gave the cylinder decompression. Will the valve get burnt if the timing was off but the car hasnt been driven only ran to test problems? 

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Wifuld Feb 14, 2024
    The valve could not be burnt out, but the valves could have been bent by incorrect diagnostics. Or something was done incorrectly when replacing the gasket.
    • @user_2241567 @Wifuld Feb 14, 2024
      The diagnostics done was only connecting an obd machine and running it for a short while, the head was skimmed prior could it be something else? I seriously cannot afford to remove the head again
    • @Wifuld @user_2241567 Feb 14, 2024
      Try to check the compression in the cylinders then, if not then maybe the valves or still something wrong assembled, check the timing marks.
    • @user_2241567 @Wifuld Feb 15, 2024
      There is no compression in cyl 4 and car is taking long to start, swings alot
    • @Squith @user_2241567 Feb 15, 2024
      The engine needs to be overhauled.
    • @user_2241567 @Squith Feb 16, 2024
      Are u serious?
    • @Squith @user_2241567 Feb 16, 2024
      This is just an assumption, as none of us have seen your car, to give a more correct answer it is necessary that your mechanic checked everything and gave a final conclusion and recommendations for the elimination of this fault.

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon