AUTODOC FORUM / Car discussions by make / BENTLEY / How long can I drive with brake pad wear indicator warning light on?

Back to topics

How long can I drive with brake pad wear indicator warning light on?
BENTLEY Continental Coupe 6.75 V8 S (286 kw / 389 hp) (05.1994 - 12.1995)

• @Fortallen Jun 16, 2020

I’m travelling on my BENTLEY Continental GT. Yellow brake pads wear light has come on. It lights up once when I start the engine. I’ve got another 1500 km to go. Will I reach my destination? P.S. Btw, I took the car to diagnostics at a dealership before the trip. I told them I’m going to drive 3500 km. They said everything is OK, including the pads.

Started

Latest reply

Replies

Views

• @Pureet Jun 16, 2020

The light comes on when there are about 3-4 mm left before complete wear and tear. Unless you drive aggressively, I think you can drive 2-3 thousand km or even more.

• @user_1909014 Apr 09, 2024
    I have a 2008 gtc .I am having a new hood replacement. If any owner has recently purchased a gtc it could be well worth getting the hood straps replaced as over a period of time the alluminium rivets can stap which when opening the roof can puncture the hood. Alot less expensive. Jr

Only registered users may reply to topics and posts

Install the AUTODOC CLUB app!

Your personal car expenses manager, maintenance tips, reminders about upcoming appointments and service intervals, DIY repair instructions – all this on your phone.

Autodoc CLUB app qr-code
Scan

To download the app:

Autodoc CLUB App icon